Monday, May 18, 2009

Seeking God's kingdom

Just a sharing from Kara... since Can! shared a nice story...


Sun's message was a message in season for me... Pst Rick spoke abt how our past failure can cause us to stay in a certain place and be afraid to tread forward... and also how our previous victories can cause us to celebrate for too long that we don't move on to see future victories....


I started off full of energy and strength but as the battle continued, I find hope waivering. I shall learn to walk away from previous failures and take steps forward this week. I can, because God will move my mountains!


As I responded to the altar call, the minister gave this verse to me:

Matthew 6:33 (New International Version)
33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

How, Lord? How to seek... I can only do what I know how and wait upon Your response. Really need You to surprise me once again!!!!!


Coming onto my Big Day......

I remember a while ago, I thought to myself... In an average person's lifetime, he/she has only 2 open opportunities to share Christ with friends they care abt on a big scale.

The first would be at their Wedding where close friends would come, unguarded, with no tinted views that we're trying to preach something.

The next event would be at their Funeral, where pre-Christians friends get to hear the eulogy of how God has shaped the person's life and look back at the last words of the person...


I think my last words to all my friends would be:

"See & taste that the Lord is good..." you must get to know the Jesus that I know before you lie in the coffin like me now. HAH!


Seeing more and more of my friends RSVPing on Facebook that they're coming to my church wedding, I feel a sense of excitment! Not because I have beautiful photos or a lovely gown, but because I know it's an open opportunity for them to know Christ. I believe God will start sowing small seeds of love in their hearts as they join in the worship and witness in our matrimony.

I've been inspired to continually look at the wedding as an evangelistic event. It's not just a Randy+Kara-day but the Lord's day! Wanna dedicate that day to the Lord, and hope that people's perception abt Christians will change and they will be more open to Jesus through this event.


Pray along with me! That all my friends who step into the auditorium on 11th July will feel the love of God tugging at their hearts... :)


Looking forward to my Big Fat "Evengelistic" Event!

No comments:

Post a Comment