Monday, January 5, 2009

Footprints of my everyday life.. With GOD carrying me on his Back

Okay,
Let me be one of the first to share/start the blog rolling ;)
Most of you know that i have my Blog called "Foot-prints of everyday life"

admittedly, i don't read the bible much. However, i always remember this story about foot-prints.
This story left a deep impression in my heart... and this is how it goes....

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Scenes from his life flashed across the sky and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonging to him and the other to the Lord. When the last scene of his life had flashed before him, he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life there was only one set of footprints. Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. I don't understand why, when I needed you most, you would leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious child. I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering when you saw only one set of footprints. That was when I carried you."

well, i may not be able to recite verses from the back of my palm or share very devotional materials. However, 1 thing i know is that no matter what, i will never forget that God is always there for me and he carries me on that sandy path.

I'm a simple person,
my faith = equals to the constant reminder that God is always there to be my
warmth in the cold and my light in the dark.

Past few days ago, i fell really hard. I questioned God and was daring enough at that moment to reprimand him and challenged him to appear right before my eyes.
yes, as the Neville story goes where the prison door did not flung open, same goes for me that God did not appear before me.

That night when i went Crazy and lost myself, i thought that i would stay that way and that God would abandon me as i had doubted him.

However, amazingly, God just let me weep in his shoulders till i was too tired.. I had a very sound sleep.. woke up next day as my usual self.
Yes, i still cannot forget the incident on the scar that had inflicted been inflicted onto me,and it still haunts me. But, when i read back my blog on the above story about the "footprints"
God reminded me that HE IS ALWAYS THERE.. Carrying me... even though i may not see... It gives me the strength to carry on.


-Yyn

1 comment: